New Intel P4 (Socket 478) CPU's 2.0 GHz & Up
Before installing the heatsink, remove any thermal pads or other compound
from the heatsink and the CPU surfaces. Use a LINT FREE cloth and low
residual solvent such as isopropyl alcohol or acetone (nail polish remover)
to clean the mating surfaces completely.
2. Cut the plastic bag that holds the silicon thermal compound and carefully
squeeze about the size of an uncooked grain of white rice or ½
of a BB to the CPU core. Use more if needed.
3. Use a razor blade or the clean edge of a credit card to spread the
compound over the CPU core.
Note: DO NOT
use your finger to apply the compound.
4. Place the heatsink onto the retention frame that comes with
Note: If your
motherboard does not come with a standard Intel spec retention frame,
please contact your motherboard manufacturer to get the frame.
5. Engage the clip onto the frame as shown on the picture.
6. Connect the fan connector to one of the fan connectors on your motherboard.
The installation is complete.
greater cooling of the CPU we recommend using Antec's Silver Thermal Compound