1. General terms and conditions. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. This sweepstakes ("weepstakes") is sponsored by Antec, Inc. ("Company"). Void where prohibited. Subject to all federal, state and local laws. Participation requires Internet access.
2. Draw. One draw for each of the two primary prizes will be conducted. One draw will be conducted at Penny Arcade Expo on August 28th, 2011. A second, internet-based draw will be conducted on September 5th, 2011. Internet entries must be completed by September 2nd, 2011 to be eligible for the Sweepstakes. The chances of winning are dependent upon the total number of eligible entries received.
3. Notification. The first entrant chosen as winner will be notified at Penny Arcade Expo. Winner must be present to win. The second entrant chosen as winner of the instance will be notified by email using the personal information provided by entrant in the online Sweepstakes form. Additionally, announcements will be made via the Antec, Inc. and City of Heroes Facebook Fan Page walls. The winner will be required to respond within seven (7) days to claim the prize. The winner may be required to complete, sign, and return to Company an affidavit of eligibility, a waiver of liability, and (where legally permitted) a publicity release, or prize may be forfeited and offered to an alternate winner. The winner must submit a physical mailing address, not a Post Office Box, for the prize to be mailed to. Prizes will be shipped free to any address located within the United States. All taxes are the responsibility of the winner.
4. Privacy. By entering Sweepstakes, entrant grants to Company the irrevocable right without any further notice, review, or consent to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use, worldwide and in any media now known or hereafter developed, including, but not limited to, the entry of winner’s name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image or statements about the Sweepstakes, and biographical information as news, publicity or information and for trade, advertising, public relations and promotional purposed without any further compensation.
5. Eligibility. Sweepstakes is open to all internet entrants residing within the United States of America, 13 years of age and older, as of August 26, 2011, except where prohibited by law. In any event, Company shall have the exclusive discretion to deem which entries are valid and meet all conditions of Sweepstakes. To be eligible, entrant must fully complete the online Sweepstakes entry form located at http://www.antec.com/pax2011. Individuals are only permitted one entry into the Sweepstakes. Individuals who are found to have entered the Sweepstakes multiple times will have all entries invalidated. Employees, officers, and directors of Company and its parent, affiliated and subsidiary companies, distributors, retailers, licensors, advertising and promotional agencies (and the immediate family members, including parents, spouses, children and siblings, of all the foregoing) are not eligible to enter or win.
6. Choice of law. Except where prohibited by law, all issues and questions concerning the constitution, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the participant and the Company in connection with this Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of California in the United States of America, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict or law rules (whether of the State of California or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of California in the United States of America.
7. Prizes. Limit one (1) prize per person. All taxes are the responsibility of the winners. All prizes are non-transferable, with no cash redemptions and/or substitutions except for at the Company’s sole discretion. Primary prize is one of two custom computers with an MSRP of $1500.00 USD each.
8. Intellectual Property. All intellectual property, including but not limited to copyright and trademarks, in all of the promotional materials, web pages and source code related to the Sweepstakes are the property of their respective owners.
9. Arbitration and mediation. If a dispute arises out of or relates to Sweepstakes, and if the dispute cannot be settled through negotiation, the parties agree first to try in good faith to settle the dispute by mediation administered by the American Arbitration Association under its Commercial Mediation Procedures before resorting to arbitration, litigation, or some other dispute resolution procedure. If they do not reach such solution within a period of sixty (60) days, then, upon notice by either party to the other, all disputes, claims, questions, or differences shall be finally settled by arbitration administered by the American Arbitration Association in accordance with the provisions of its Commercial Arbitration Rules.
10. Release of liability. By entering Sweepstakes, entrant hereby waives and releases Company, its affiliates, subsidiaries, participating advertising and promotion agencies, technology and website development partner companies and employees of these companies from any and all claims, demands, losses, suits and actions of any kind, whether at law, in equity, through litigation or arbitration, in connection with any injury or death to person or damage to or loss of property in connection with Sweepstakes, whether directly or indirectly, including death, injury and property damage arising in whole or in part from acceptance, possession, use or misuse of a prize, participation in any Sweepstakes-related activity, or participation in the Sweepstakes drawing. In no event will Company, its affiliates, partners, parents or subsidiaries be responsible for any damages or losses of any kind, including direct, indirect, incidental, consequential or punitive damages arising out of your participation in the Sweepstakes.
11. Miscellaneous. All decisions of Company are final in all matters relating to this Sweepstakes. Company reserves the right to terminate or amend this Sweepstakes at any time without prior notice.
12. Company.Antec, Inc. www.antec.com 47900 Fremont Boulevard, Fremont, California, 94538